Sunday night. I made it through another weekend at the salon. Right now, I'm sitting on the couch (still in my dress-clothes from the day...too lazy to walk upstairs to change into comfy sweats), watching a little football with my Mr.
I was on the books Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Our goal as new talent is to have 30% of our shift booked, this ensures we stay for the entirety of our scheduled time. If we do not make our goal, we are given an hour to try to get someone booked; then we are sent home early. I was scheduled at Salon M Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Thursday I had one hair-cut booked (equal to about 15%), after the cut I hit the town with my business cards and a smile. I wasn't able to fill my shift and therefore went home a little early. Friday I had close to 70% booked at Salon R. My shift flew by! I worked with two friends, and two strangers.
Saturday came with an attitude! Our first official snow fall and snow storm began early Saturday morning. My coffee maker was acting up which made for NO coffee before work. It was not pretty. While struggling with the coffee maker, I realized the giant pot of soup I had made from scratch the night before was never refrigerated. SHOOT! Into the garbage it went. The snow warnings I brushed off were real! I needed to leave by 7am to give myself plenty of time to drive through the snowy winter morning! I left a few after 7, and drove carefully for 45 minutes. Luckily I still had time to spare to swing in and pick up coffee. Then, I got into the salon and was SOOO disappointed to see I had 0% booked : ( I had two hours to attempt to fill my books. So, once again I hit the streets with my card, a smile, and by then an attitude! I was covered in wet, heavy snow-flakes and wasn't sure where I should head to try and recruit people. Walking around outside was NOT an option in the weather. So, I decided I would hit up the classy grocery store down the street. After bundling up, scraping the snow off of my car, I then drove the 2 miles to the grocery store. My little car was an ant next to the trucks and suv's of all of the grocery store shoppers out in the storm. I made the rounds and talked with 4 people. I gave each a few coupons...and then it happened! THE STORE MANAGER GOT IN MY FACE! Apparently I wasn't being super-sly with my recruiting. The store manager confronted me in a harsh tone and said, "I would APPRECIATE it if you would STOP soliciting our customers!!!!" I nearly ran out of the store!
I think I managed to reply, "sorry sir, I am leaving now"....eeek! It was so awkward! At this point I laughed as the whole morning kept replaying in my mind. No coffee, spoiled soup, snow storm, 0% booked and kicked out of a classy grocery store! I returned to Salon M with my grocery store report and packed my stuff to drive home in the snow storm. The usual 35 minute drive was 75minutes. I was relieved to be home. I got to work at home immediately! I grabbed a shovel and took out my aggression and disappointment on the snow covered driveway. Then I even scrubbed our bathtub, toilet, bathroom sink, and bathroom floor. It ended up being an OK day. I will forever have bragging rights of getting kicked out of that store...: )
Sunday had a much better go. I ended up having 3 clients (2 booked and 1 walk-in)...I got to stay all day! It was a great day of cutting, watching, learning, cleaning, folding and styling. Tomorrow we have another color class and another color model. I am looking forward to the week ahead.
Goal for next post, to tell the story of at least one guest. Enough about me already...
No comments:
Post a Comment