Thursday, November 11, 2010

Color and My Future

Yesterday was my first time doing color since August!  It felt so great getting back into it.  There is something so lovely about getting my gloved hands covered in hair-color...It's just the best.  The smell is great too.  When I began coloring hair last year, I didn't originally like the smell.  It's now grown on me, I love it just as much as I love the smell of freshly painted walls and occasionally the aroma of gasoline when filling up my tank. 

I was really stressed going into the day.  Timing timing timing.  I've never been the quickest or very efficient.  I'm getting better and stayed on track yesterday.  I'm grateful my trainers give me tips about application and other sneaky things we never discussed in beauty school.  Basics are proven and perfect, twisting them can speed things up, mix things up or screw things up.  I'm cautious as I jump into twisting my basics.

My future is looking me straight in the face.  Some days I can't wait to jump out of bed and get ready for what lies ahead, excited for the people I will meet and the hair I get to cut, style and color.  Some days I think, "am I ready to do this day in and day out forever"?  Yes, No, or does it even matter?  One day at a time, one guest at a time. 

And where should I work?  Out of the three salons, each one has such different options.  Today one of my trainers mentioned that my opinion about where I want to be placed is very important as they decide which salon I will go to.  Hmmm.  My plan was to stay neutral and rock-it-out where ever I would end up.  Now I'm thinking this isn't the best approach.  Why not get attached and fight for what I want?  Its where I will be day in and day out : ). . .so why not pick just as I did our perfect little duplex?

I'm going to come up with code names as I talk about them ...Salon R, Salon P, and Salon M.  Here's a quick run-down of my future options...Salon R is located in a shopping mall, it offers hair and minimal waxing and nail services.  Salon P is the "mother-ship" and largest salon.  Most of our training takes place at "P" which offers everything from hair to massage to nails to facials and waxing.  Salon M is the newest of the three and includes everything as well.  When I first began I wanted Salon P, no ifs ands or buts.  Now its a toss up.  Pros and Cons to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment