Last week I had a wonderful experience. Saturday and Sunday, I was completely booked! I had a moment here and there to eat, prep, remind myself of my guests name and rock out some sweet hair! It was so FUN! On Saturday, I had ONE person on the books for a haircut. Within an hour of being open I was BOOKED! Sunday filled in much the same. I left the salon that weekend feeling so great! I had done it! I had experienced the full books of a real stylist. The only down side was I also had 12 cuts staggered throughout my middle finger, index finger and various knuckles. At times there was such a flurry of hair, comb, shears and styling that I didn't even realized I was bleeding a bit....whoopsie! That usually is the case, I think, oh, that one got a little close, or that one made contact. Then I'm so caught up in things that I forget and a few moments later I have a bloody mess. Sometimes I have to excuse myself to fetch a band-aid. Other times it is like a paper-cut and doesn't need attention. I felt like such a hair warrior that weekend. My battle-wounds were proof.
Another first for me in the last week, my first comb-over. A neat couple came in together. I had the husband and my co-worker had his wife. I am glad to say they were one of the cutest couples I have ever met. Probably in their late forties, they acted like twenty-somethings as they held hands, gazed into each others eyes and beamed with adoration for one another. Neither individual would have graced a cover of a magazine, neither would have caught your eye as they walked down the street...but together, they were a knock-out! I came to find out the two were friends in college years before. After school they went their separate ways and lost touch. Guess what brought them together....yes, you've got it, facebook : ) After reuniting- their friendship blossomed into love. After dating, she moved to be near to him. After engagement, he moved to be near to her. They finally became husband and wife. When they came to the salon it was just a few days before their belated honeymoon, to Disney World. Too cute! Love is alive. Love stories are real. Good work facebook : ) So, in lew of all the "love", I couldn't bring myself to address the comb-over. Besides, its always good to build a relationship with your guest before proposing a big change ; ) There's always next time!
Tonight I had a handful of interesting people. I was at "Salon R" for one of my last shifts there...ever! Yay. I had a nurse looking for a new "do". A mom with her three year old in tow...a bit tricky indeed! A woman getting a shampoo and style before a first date...hoping it went well (her hair looked great, she looked great, hope it went great!)! But by FAR...the most interesting was the woman who wandered in for a complimentary hand treatment (think exfoliation, hydration and paraffin dip). She had the craziest questions about our products, about home remedies and everything in between. Upon removing her paraffin (which is a treatment in which you dip the hands into a warm-wax creating layers...let it sit and remove...it hydrates and seals in moisture). Her strange request...as I was peeling off her paraffin....
She asked to take her paraffin home.
WHAT!???? So, I kindly put the blob of used waxy goo into a plastic bag and sent her on her way. A strange request I can easily say will never get again! It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Sigh. I love my job.
That's disgusting. Why would she want her wax peelings?
ReplyDelete