Monday, September 13, 2010

Samantha - Stylist

Today was my first official day on the job!  I woke up two hours before I needed to be out the door.  I am perpetually late, I was even born 2 weeks late!  I am improving.  When I turned 25, my goal was to be "on time".  During cosmetology school I was late only once, and it wasn't all my fault. . .picture a rain-storm and lots of crazy backed up traffic. 

Now that I am 26, my goal is to "be early".  Early I was when I arrived at my salon twenty minutes before my day began.  I caught my breath, sent a text to my husband letting him know I arrived, and began my day.

A group of us began today.  We learned the rules, the goals, our schedules and other details of a first day at any job.  My favorite moment of the day was receiving my name-tag.  It simply says, "Samantha - Stylist".  For whatever reason, when I put that magnetic badge on my lapel, it was the BEST feeling.  I smiled on the inside, and probably on the outside too.  Although this journey has just begun, I felt like I had made it in that moment.  A job, a career, a goal, a mission, a reason for so much.  I am fulfilled as a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a neighbor...now I am ready to pursue my opportunity to touch lives, to create, to serve and to rock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment